Friday 10 February 2012

Singapore: Chinese festival 07.02.12

It was a Tuesday, I'd just got home and my key melted off in the lock (I'm not joking!) But while I was waiting for the locksmith, this happened. And I got a birdseye view! Apparently it is a 'parade for Chinese God' but I haven't gathered more. If you know, tell us!

It was preceded and succeeded by days of drumming, cymbals and opera on the Padang*.

*Padang is a Malay word for an open, grassy area in town - perhaps like a village green, or common.


First stack of paper burned. Red lion & dragon dances.

Procession around Padang, lots of drums & music


Pink / white dragon & lion team join

3 emperors?
Ceremony

Who are these guys? (Man & woman)
Final bonfire is lit, procession goes back to marquee.

No comments:

Post a Comment