Saturday 30 June 2012

Nosh of the day: post-modern egg tarts

Upgraded Chinese egg dessert tarts, available in a variety of flavours (fruit, choc, savoury) from a vendor in ION foodhall on Orchard Road. I bought two on a whim because I was hungry. So hungry, in fact, that they did not survive long enough to be photographed ^^ but I hope this brief description helps:
The brief description
Flavours apart, not the traditional egg tart format, per se - but an upright hard/crunchy pastry case with fillings inside. All canapé sized. My buys:

Chicken & mushroom = basically a tiny quiche! Quite tasty.
Strawberry = weird fake strawberry sauce on top, then bright pink solid custard inside - possibly flavoured with the same sauce? Not a strawberry tart, so much as a quiche mixed with pink squirty ice-cream sauce. Oddly I quite liked it - though it was certainly unusual (and possibly not so nutritious).



1 comment:

  1. Oh dear, I just bought some more, but also scoffed these too fast to photograph. Here's their website instead! http://www.fancydelight.com.sg/products.html

    Tonight I had chocolate/coffee - more custardy, quite rich, yummy.

    ReplyDelete