Saturday 15 November 2014

Matcha of the Day: Muji instant matcha latte

Yes, Muji in Asia sells food !* And while I was rummaging around I found this! Woohoo! My matcha obsession continues - so what better than to have it at home?


OK I am not sure how healthy this instant version is, but it's easy and tastes pretty OK. It's actually sweet even without added syrup .. in fact it is suspiciously like Starbuck's matcha latte which makes me wonder if they use the same instant stuff! The real deal - such as Tsujiri - is neutral/bitter without syrup. For this instant version, you just add hot water (or water with hot milk like I did) to a tablespoonful of the green powder, stir, drink. The packet costs around SG$6.50, so even if you can only make 6 drinks from it, that's still a good cost saving on getting a daily Starbucks. Worth a try.



* Muji in the UK only sells clothing and home/office items (or at least it still did in 2012 when I was last there!)


No comments:

Post a Comment