Monday 27 April 2015

Unsatisfactory beer candies

I found these at a Japanese pub in Singapore and bought them as a fun Christmas present for a friend in the UK. I've never seen Japanese beer candies before. In the end they were too heavy to post, so I ended up eating them myself. ^^

The label says 'Sapporo' but it's not the Sapporo Beer logo - I think it just means they are beer candies from Sapporo (which is a city in Northern Japan, and has this pictured clock tower in it). 

The verdict: They taste nothing much like beer! Maybe a slight beer aftertaste? They're definitely boiled sweets, and quite pleasant. But they could be any kind of boiled sweet; it's just the label which suggests beer. 

Oh well! It was good to satisfy my curiosity with these 'biiru doroppusu' (that's what it says on the can, btw) and slightly glad I didn't spend $10 posting them to Europe! 


No comments:

Post a Comment