Thursday 26 October 2017

Coconut balloon bomb #snackette

This is a coconut. Scooped, whole, from its shell - with the coconut water safely inside, like a small water-filled balloon! A friend introduced me to them at a posh supermarket in Kuala Lumpur, and it's the first time I'd seen coconuts prepared this way. There was a team of guys doing the scooping and potting in-store.

And it was delicious! :)

The advantages: it's easy and quick to eat, without all the messy scraping and time required of a regular whole coconut. Plus you get to eat/drink every bit. The disadvantages: plastic packaging. Though I have managed to wash and re-use my pot. It's only a little more expensive than buying a whole coconut in the supermarket (I think it was around Malaysian RM7 - about £1.25 or USD1.65). 





No comments:

Post a Comment