Sunday 8 July 2012

A week of glamorous nosh-festing

I was very pampered this week, and got introduced to two fabulous new food places by friends in Singapore!

1. K ki - on Ann Siang Hill in Chinatown

Yep, K ki as in 'kēki / ケ-キ' (Japanese for cake). This is a very charming little cafe/shop selling arty books, gifts and - appropriately - YUM Japanese/European influenced kēki !! They are not giving these creations away - one will probably set you back around SG$8.50 - but it is well worth the try.

The cakes have names inspired by the shop-owners.

My friend had 'Onigiri' - a chocolate mousse, with a little chocolate sponge and marmalade coulis on top (I hope I got that right!)


I tried 'Emily' due to the fantastic crimson colour, and the fact that 'Emily' is one of my middle names. It consisted of a champagne mousse, vanilla sponge and strawberry puree inside, encased with a very fine, crunchy, red powder shell.



All washed down with a very nice, fragrant tea containing rosebuds.

That was Wednesday. For Friday read on....

No comments:

Post a Comment