Thursday 26 April 2012

The British Isles cleaned up

OK. Had some queries about this after the St George post. Hopefully this image will help! My European homeland has lots of different names, and these depend on which regions are included. 

Actually the politics of all the regions (Wales, Scotland etc) and how they are governed is pretty complex and I don't want to get hooked up with all that here. In fact some of the naming for the Irish parts is also quite complicated. But to put it very broadly, The Republic of Ireland (Eire) does its own thing. While England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland are linked.

(Geographically, however, Eire is still part of the British Isles.)

Click to enlarge image.

Hope I got that right!

ps I hope you like my stunning, hand-crafted drawings (^^)

No comments:

Post a Comment