Friday 13 April 2012

Singapore: Belinda Oddie has urban field-day

One thing I like here is the combo of being in a bustling city with wildlife and greenery. It takes me around 15 minutes to hit the international, Gucci-clad straits of Orchard Road or Marina Bay Sands.. and yet we have peace, trees and chirping tropical creatures in our neighbourhood.

So far I've seen tiny red/black sunbirds (which resemble hummingbirds), drongos, golden orioles in the palms outside our kitchen window. Yesterday: these two (I think) Jambu Fruit Doves.



* Bill Oddie is a famous UK ornithologist. He used to be a well-known comedian, actually, but now presents bird-watching programmes on TV. I was once accused of being the female equivalent 'Belinda Oddie' as a joke due to my secret love of wildlife!

No comments:

Post a Comment